This was the first project that I accomplished for my baby girl. My husband and I found this awesome TV armoire at a Goodwill in Virginia for $35. Yep, that is correct, thirty five dollars. I know, right? Anyway, it was exactly what I was looking for: real wood, right height for the tv area, cabinets or drawers on the bottom, and a curved top. I was in love, but it definitely needed some upgrading.
When we found out we were expecting and had this old wood armoire hanging around in our guest bedroom we instantly knew it was to be the changing table. I had seen some inspiration photos on pinterest and new ones in store for about a million dollars, and I loved the idea. However, we had no idea if our baby was going to be a boy or a girl so we decided to paint it white, paint the hinges black, and replace the handles as they were a little out of our comfort zone style-wise. It took forever because we decided to use a chalky finish paint which we hated. Each container was a different consistency and it was just so unreliable and the wax finish didn’t even work! Anyway, we had already committed and were not going to start over, so we stuck with it.
The entire armoire (inside of the TV part, front, and both exterior sides) took about four 8 oz containers and two 16 oz containers of said chalky finish paint. Each 16 oz container didn’t even go as far as each individual 8 oz container. Weird, I know. I’m not sure exactly how much of the paint went to this project as I was simultaneously painting a glider. However, I love the overall project. We spent too much on the paint, but over all still saved a ton of money on the project. It is adorable and easily one of my favorite items in the nursery!
Another photo of it as a usable changing station, and then I’ll be able to share with you the next lovely project I worked on in the nursery: redoing the 20+ year old comfy glider my Charlie-girl calls her own.